Leader Engineering are currently looking for a Controls Technician/Technologist for a position with one of the leading global oil & gas service companies.
- 40+ hours per week;
- 1st Shift;
- Full time 12-month contract with potential for extension.
- Responsible for troubleshooting PLC and VFD systems;
- Make decisions, to a timely manner, on innumerable, complex and highly interdependent variables.
- Expertise in the application of standard materials and components;
- Provides and documents technology transfer to internal and external peers when appropriate.
- Provide expertise and guidance in analysis, modification and designs for multiple projects and/or projects of great complexity.
- 5-10 years’ hands-on experience with drilling rig PLC systems (i.e Omron, Allen Bradley, Siemens), VFD systems (e.g. ABB, Siemens, Nagasaki) and motor controls.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing PLC logic within PLC systems;
- Expertise in troubleshooting PLC and VFD systems;
- Valid driving licence;
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field or experience listed above.
What we Offer
Established in 2005, Leader Engineering provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to Oil and Gas Upstream, Midstream, Renewable, Environmental and Civils projects globally. Through our understanding of technical job specifics, we can provide unparalleled levels of support to both our clients and personnel. We offer complete management of the recruitment process including mobilization and ongoing infield support. Our Consultant Care Initiative has been designed to ensure that our personnel are kept informed, safe and secure whilst on site.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, please contact Alex Edwards today on telephone number (+1) 281 840 5345 or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.