Structural Rail/Bridge Engineer
- Permanent position;
- Competitive salary;
Leader Engineering require a Principal Structural Rail/Bridge Engineer to join on of our Clients.
In this role you will…
- Take responsibility in developing client relationships, design and project oversight of Class 1 rail projects with an emphasis on railroad structures.
- Build strong relationships with Class 1 freight rail carrier(s) to coordinate structural rail/bridge projects from planning and environmental through plan development, specifications, and estimating packages.
- Lead complex structural analysis and design for all structural aspects of railroad projects including railroad bridges and other rail related structures (culverts, retaining walls, etc.).
- Perform structural calculations, develop bridge plans, specifications, cost estimates, overseeing geometric layouts, check design calculations, assign work and oversee work products produced by engineers.
- Review assigned work and/or check design calculation estimates and specifications produced by junior engineers and EITs.
- Organize staff and technical expertise to meet technical schedules and budget requirements for rail projects.
- Serve as the key contact between rail clients to develop rail market in numerous states and with numerous private and public rail authorities.
- 10+ years’ rail experience;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field (with a structural emphasis);
- Current PE Professional Engineer License;
- Experience as a Principal Structural Engineer on freight and Class 1 railroad projects;
- Focus on Class 1 railroads.
- 15+ years’ rail experience;
- Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field with an emphasis in structural engineering;
- Commuter, short line, and/or transit experience;
- Experience with heavy commuter rail or transit rail.
What we Offer
Established in 2005, Leader Engineering provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to Civil and Renewables projects globally. Through our understanding of technical job specifics, we can provide unparalleled levels of support to both our clients and personnel. We offer complete management of the recruitment process including mobilization and ongoing infield support. Our Consultant Care Initiative has been designed to ensure that our personnel are kept informed, safe and secure whilst on site.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, please contact Grant Bassford today on telephone number +1281 840 5345 or email your resume to Grant.Bassford@leaderengineering.com.