Well Control Engineer/Specialist – Drilling
Salary: Circa $170,000
- Review and update the emergency response procedures;
- Coach Drilling Project Leaders in their day to day activities;
- Monitor operations;
- Competency Assessment;
- Well Control support during special or specific operations (HPHT, slim-hole, DST, UBD, rigless operations) occurring on the drilling rigs under the control of the Drilling Division.
- Operational support during critical phases (well construction, drilling, casing, cementing, plug and abandonment).
- Support in the areas of well control and HSE;
- On-site training and coaching.
- This position requires an Engineering degree;
- A minimum of 12 years‘ experience in Well Control coupled primarily with Drilling, and secondly Completions and Production.
- This position requires a broad understanding and knowledge base to provide support for all Well Control operations, critical response, procedures and daily activities.
- In addition, this position will also serve as a First Responder in a WC event.
- This candidate will support the Drilling operations both in the office and at the rig site
- Experience and working knowledge of critical drilling applications including but not limited to Under Balance Drilling, Managed Pressured Drilling and sensitive formations (loss of circulation zones) is preferred.
What we Offer
Established in 2005, Leader Engineering provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to Oil and Gas Upstream projects globally. Through our understanding of technical job specifics, we can provide unparalleled levels of support to both our clients and personnel. We offer complete management of the recruitment process including mobilisation and ongoing infield support. Our Consultant Care Initiative has been designed to ensure that our personnel are kept informed, safe and secure whilst on site.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, please contact Michael Woodhead today on telephone number +44(0)2035877705 or email your resume to Michael.Woodhead@leaderengineering.com.